07.06.2010

A Perfect Day for DIY

Finally, I've finished recording my very first song. It's not easy to stay focussed on your singing when you're squeezed in between a mattress and your closet to avoid too much room acoustics on your tracks. I'll soon upgrade my equipment, though, and next time I'll be able to record in better quality. I could, of course, do all this in the way most people do recordings - go to a professional studio and have people assist me, but the idea that my music is thoroughly DIY is part of my style. Of course, there's no avoiding good mixing equipment in production, but apart from my close friend who does the mixing, everything you'll hear on my tracks was written, arranged, performed and produced by me. The important thing to me is to finally have a possibility to bring to life the music that's been haunting my head for ages.
The song is called "Perfect day", and yes, I know Lou Reed. But I can safely say that the title is the only thing that reminds you of him. Until then, stay tuned.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen